Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Narcicism

Im currently in a creative slump, but listening to Madlib makes it come back. Going to sleep in tomorrow. Went to the Dickinson College library during my first few peroids today. That place is incredible.I could live inside of it. It's so huge and makes me feel so thirsty to read and become knowledgeable and educated. How crazy to think of all the pages and words and information and ideas; i wanted to spend the whole day there and just learn about the things I like and the things that are relevent to me, not some absurd high school cirriculum. I hope college turns out to be at least somewhat of how i hope it will be.

Tonight two girls from the "Treehouse" on dickinson campus came into the whole food store. The treehouse is the college's sustainable living house for their super-hippie students. It seems like a very cool idea though; you make all of your (vegan) food, no heat above 60 degrees, 3 minute showers 3x a week. Fun way to live through your college years. What if more americans thought a little more about those kinds of things? Sandy likes the idea, she says it's going to be "kids teaching the adults" because they don't know anymore. None the less, these girls were pretty out there. Apparently there used to be lots of cool kids who lived there and Sandy was good freinds with many of them. She said they used to come into the store and she would give them the produce and such that was going out of date because they weren't wasteful and realized that dates don't mean anything. But no one comes in for that stuff anymore. After this semester they plan on tearing the treehouse down.

Training with a serious attitude is hard. Volume is hard to fulfull and I'm always tired. I've still got motivation and i feel pretty good. Tomorrow is my rest day, and that I'm going to do. I plan on sleeping until 7 and taking as many naps as possible. I dont know how the ballet dancers do it. They dance for some 30 hours a week? That's strength; i would feel burned out all of the time. Guess when you like something enough to do it 30 hours a week, you never get tired of doing it. Do wish i could do 30 hour bicycle weeks though. Maybe 30 hours of sleep; definitely not 30 hours of work..

No comments: