Friday, March 10, 2006

kfk.ext

So nice to have warm weather in early March; after so much cold and frost-freeze from long wintry rides, I've really come to appreciate warmth. Another beautiful thing is 5 am rides, like my morning ride. It was just perfect, leave the driveway right before the sun starts glowing and being out while the sun comes up is such an enlightening feeling. All but the cars. When you are driving you really never think about air pollution or anything like that because you are inside of your car all comfortable and sealed, but when you're in the opposite perspective and not resting easily inside your megaSUV you realize how bad a few single cars actually smell/taste. I don't mean to outwardly sound like the hippie tree-hugger that i may really be, but unless you live in iceland, air is bad and there's nothing that is going fix it. I always try to do my part though; I pull out/cut off as many cars in town as I can while I'm on my bicycle, and know it's been a good day when a few fingers have been flipped or bottles thrown.
Picked up a hopefully exciting new novel today for a school read, Kafka on the Shore Haruki Murakami. Am I a nerdo now? Hope not, I like asian writers; they're metaphysically boggling and who could be a cooler author than Murakami? he listens to Radiohead and drinks Smirnof while writing.

Who wants to start racing, especially on the road? Well me. Boo for road racing on my 23 pound piece of junk, definitely not a self esteem booster to go up against a bunch of nubes with feathery little cycles while im trying to make my stone age granite wheels go in circles. Anything for training, but f* being tired all of the time.

No comments: